Emerald Consortia purchasing options
Emerald offers a set of consortia purchasing options designed to suit the differing needs of institutions and academic library consortia. All options are based around the purchase of Emerald Management Xtra, a collection of 200 full text journals and reviews from the top 300 management journals.
Benefits of a consortium agreement
- Each institution will have access to 150 electronic titles held on the Emerald Fulltext database – this expands the readership of the journals and gives smaller libraries access to otherwise unavailable material.
- The full text is from 1994 where available and abstracts from 1989 where available.
- An institution-wide licence offering unrestricted, concurrent multi-user access on campus and remotely.
- Archive of the material subscribed to during the period of the agreement will be available online in perpetuity.
- Maintain print archive – current print subscriptions will continue to be mailed to the original subscribing institution.
- Journal discount – additional print journals, excluding Emerald recent acquisitions and launches, can be bought at a negotiated discount from the list price.
- Flexibility on titles – print titles within the holdings may be substituted for other journals up to the same value.
- Price stability – guaranteed percentage price increase per annum set for the duration of the agreement. For multi-year agreements, Emerald continues to offer single digit price increases.
- Annual review point for holdings and membership agreed at the time the licence is signed, that can be more often if the consortium agrees.
- Usage statistics package – Project Counter 2 compliant
- Free e-mail alerts – for users such as Table of Contents and Saved Search Alerts
- Library administrators alert e-mail that informs of any database developments and changes.
- Library resources section that contains many useful tools such as downloadable posters and user guides.
- Dedicated Account Manager to help you whenever you wish.
- Regular visits and library workshops help member librarians to get the most from the databases.
- Emerald for Authors gives advice and guidance is given for every stage of the article process. Plus Emerald Connections facilitates communication between researchers, authors and editors worldwide.
- Emerald for Librarians – a comprehensive resource for information professionals. This service includes topical information for librarians, researchers, lecturers, students – anyone with an interest in the field of information management.
See a list of consortia we are currently working with