Full text online
Content: Table of Contents | Latest Issue RSS
Information: Journal information | Editorial Team | Author Guidelines
Other: Sample articles | Events | Recommend this journal
Pervasive computing offers a vision of the future where computers and computing devices will be available naturally and unobtrusively every where, anytime, and by different means in our daily living, working, learning, business, infotainment environments. Tremendous opportunities exist for novel services/applications that are more immersive, more intelligent, and more interactive in both real and cyber spaces.
International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications (IJPCC) provides an international premier channel to report, discuss and exchange experimental or theoretical results, novel algorithms, design methodologies, work-in-progress, experiences, case studies, and trend-setting ideas in the emerging field of pervasive computing and communications as well as potential future directions and issues.
The objective of the International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications is to provide a descriptive, analytical, and comprehensive assessment of factors, trends, and issues in the ever-changing field of pervasive computing. This authoritative research-based publication also offers in-depth explanations of mobile solutions and their specific applications areas. This timely reference source provides direction for future researchers to pursue when examining issues in the field, and is also the perfect tool for practitioners interested in applying pioneering concepts in practical situations.
Scientists, engineers, researchers, graduate students, educators, managers and industrial professionals.
While the International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications covers a broad range of topics, we are soliciting papers that provide a perspective on all aspects of the emerging technologies in the pervasive computing environment of the future such as wearable computers, smart homes and smart buildings and the tools that support these technologies. Papers submitted to IJPCC should be of a quality that represents the latest technical developments of pervasive computing and communications in hardware technology, software infrastructure, novel algorithms, system considerations, physical and human interaction and ubiquitous applications.
The journal covers all aspects of pervasive computing and communications. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
· Pervasive Computing Architectures/ Distributed software systems
· Middleware and frameworks for Pervasive Computing
· Analysis, design, implementation and evaluation of pervasive computing systems and environments
· RFID Technologies
· Sensors and Actuators Networks/ Computational Perception
· Smart Objects, Environments and Interactions
· New Technologies / New Materials / Small Artefacts
· Displays / Vision / Mixed Reality Systems
· Spontaneous / Wireless / Mobile Communication and Infrastructures
· Ambient Networking and Intelligent Services
· Networked Embedded Systems
· Context/Location/Situation Awareness / Self-Managing Systems
· Internet of Things
· Coordination Models and Systems
· Pervasive/multi-modal Interaction/Intelligent Management
· Interaction Models / Interaction Design
· User Interfaces (Universal/Tangible/Attentive)
· QoS in Pervasive Communications
· Emerging Industrial / Business Models
· Social / Privacy / Security Issues
International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Engineering eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Engineering eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.